Happy Grilled Cheese Month, y’all! This is definitely my favorite take on a grilled cheese. Enjoy!
Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese
Yields one sammich.
- 2 slices bread of your choice (I used sprouted whole wheat cuz I love the texture)
- 2 Tbsp whipped cream cheese (whip in some spices like garlic and onion powder to mix it up and add flavor)
- shredded cheese of your choice (cheddar is boooomb dot com)
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded and diced
- 1/2 Tbsp butta
- Build your sammich by spreading the cream cheese on both slices of bread.
- Layer on some of the shredded cheesy goodness.
- And last but not least, add the jalapeno, and finalize with the other slice of bread.
- Melt the butter a bit on medium heat in a pan.
- Carefully place the sandwich in the pan so it can absorb the butter.
- Cover and allow to crisp up on each side for 4-5 minutes per side. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn!
- Enjoy by itself, or with a hot bowl of tomato soup.